Re: tyny VPN help

This one looks the more interesting, however before trying to start
configurations, i would know if it could work the exact way he want:
His computer, athough subnotebook,  has four real "doors":
one is the ethernet, the second is a 802.11b and the third and fourth
are modems.
They (are two peoples that have this need) need to connect using
routing sunce bridging would bee too much inefficient.
It is unclear to me, however, if i could use openvpn as if would a plain
ppp connection, so assigning to the road-warrior side of the connection
a real address on my net, and proxyarping on the gateway, so it would
be seen by any host in the world by his address (possibly the same one
that would have given by dhcp if it would be connected via eth when in
office).
In the FAQS and openvpn manuals i have read that the vpn must be
unique. Misunderstanding  or missing feature ?
Second question:
The mauals recommend not tho sare keys, if I have two users, with two
separate computers, should i share the key, or otherwise how to
configure [note that is possible that the two user are behind the same
nat, so appear to the vpn gateway from different ports of the same
address...] ?

Il 17 Dec 2004 alle 22:20 Andrew Porter immise in rete
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile