firewall for a client

Hi there!

I write this e-mail, because I'd like to build a firewall on my Debian
system, using iptables.
My computer is a Internet client, and doesn't offer any service or
server to the Internet(no ssh, no smtp... anything), so the 'policy'
should be: reject all input connections and external pings.... and allow
all connections from my PC to Internet.

I've looking and studying a lot of manuals and how-to's but all of them
are destinate to a Debian system working as a router for a LAN :-/

Anyone would like to tell me where I can get some information about my
requirements?

Thanks a lot
--
Víctor A. Ramos <itchysoft_AT_yahoo_DOT_es>

   (o_  Debian GNU/Linux  .'''`.
   //\  Registered User   : :' :
   V_/_     #315167       `. `'
                            `
Jabber ID       <vramos_AT_jabber_DOT_org>