Re: Bad ulogd timestamp in logs {FOLLOWUP]

Steve Melo(smelo@communitytrust.ca) is reported to have said:
> Greetings list,
>
> I'm using the @debian 2.6.7-1-686-smp kernel image with ulogd Version 1.02.
> I am able to log traffic to "/var/log/ulog/syslogemu.log" and everything
> runs smoothly except for one detail:
> all of the entries in the log have a timestamp of "Dec 31 19:00:00".
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and who can offer
> some insight.
>
> Thank you in advance,

Some added info.

The only mention of syslogemu I can find says the log should be
/var/log/ulogd.syslogemu and the output plugin for that is
/usr/lib/ulog/ulogd_LOGEMU.so.

ldconfig -v |grep ulogd_LOGEMU.so does not show that lib at all.
adding /usr/lib/ulogd/ to /etc/ld.so.conf and re-running ldconfig
doesn't get it loaded either.  Humm....

I, in fact, do have a /var/log/ulogd.syslogemu file but that last time
it was updated was 2002-03-12, whale the logsd in /var/log/ulog/* are
the ones currently being updated.

The changelog for ulogd ver. 1.02-1 shows
Version 1.02 (2003-Oct-08)
- fix printout of date in ulogd_LOGEMU.c

but makes no mention of syslogemu at all.
A bug was filed, #259167 43 days old,  but it seems that it had not
been fixed.

Seems that ulogd has a few bugs that the maintainer has yet to fix.

wt