Re: VLANs on a Debian firewall

Just a thought, but since the external IPs are *likely* going to be in the
same class C the host byte could be your primary key.  It's small enuff to
give each fierwalled server it's own class C in the Class B range
(192.170.<external host byte>.<any remaining host bits(up to 7)>), Still
leaving you with 192.168 for clients.

This would clear up any L3 problems. You could even use that byte for your
vlan tying L2 alltogether nicely.  There is also room for more than 256 of
these if vlan permits.