Re: Overriding dns

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 15:25 -0700, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> Ok, the server is in your house.?  You can't get to it if your external
> interface is down, there is no IP to dnat from.?  This would be yet
> another option/question to add to the DNAT FAQ.
>
> In this list there have been many disscusions on how to DNAT when it's not
> needed, from A.Y to A.Z via X.1.  Look for referances to dnsmasq or
> /etc/hosts for a posibly better solution.

It's simpler than that. I want to do something that has the same efect
as sticking something like:

192.168.1.1 myexternal.dynamicdns.org

in the /etc/hosts of every client that's inside my home network. I want
to do that by having my bind internal dns server return that ip for that
address. Is that hard to do?

Pedro.