RE: dns firewalls and mx records for internally hosted domains

> Sometime ago this list, or the security list, provided a common
> consensus that www servers hosted inside a firewall, and
> serving pages
> to both inside and outside should have resolve www.domain.com to the
> internal IP for those inside the firewall.  This requires a
> dns record
> for the domain on the internal dns servers and works like a champ!
>
> It also seems to be causing issues with email sent to the domain from
> inside the firewall.  All mail, sent from inside, is generating an
> "unroutable address" error.

I's normal, the mail routed inside doesn't see the "external" DNS zones, so
it doesn't see the MX.
I've always worked this out using an internal DNS which has all the services
I would need: hosts, mx, cnames, but changing the IP addresses.