Firewall/router combo

I would like to get help regarding what firewall/router combo I should use and where I can find documentation about it. I need a firewall that at least can block/accept ports to all or selected IP-addresses. Please tell me if I should need anything else. The Debian computer will be used as a firewall and eventually a FTP-server.

My connection to the Internet is with a cable-modem connected to eth0 with a dynamic IP-address. The LAN is on eth1 and consists of 3 computers with static IP-addresses.

I know this is to basic to ask on this mail-list, but I have only found “Firewall and Proxy Server HOWTO”, written in February 2000 and I think this is a bit to old. Although I am a newbie on Linux and Debian I want a good firewall, reading a lot of instructions don’t bother me.