Debian Sarge IPTables IRC Connection Tracking Issue

I have recently built a server which runs a private IRCD, and I would like
to be able to support DCC connections to the server using the IRC connection
tracking module. I have built a custom 2.6.1 kernel for the server (using
make-kpkg) and all iptables/netfilter options are statically built into the
kernel (no modules used). I used Firewall Builder to build the basic
iptables script. The script generated by Firewall Builder attempts to
execute the following iptables command in order to implement the IRC
connection tracking module:

iptables -A INPUT  -d 208.254.7.36 -m irc  -m state --state NEW  -j ACCEPT

IPTables complains, however, when it encounters the above the command line.
The error notice is:

iptables v1.2.9: Couldn't load match `irc':/lib/iptables/libipt_irc.so:

I am currently using the v1.29 iptables & iptables-dev Debian packages. My
kernel source includes the file "ip_conntrack_irc.c" and this option is
enabled in the kernel. Am I looking at two different types of IRC tracking
between the kernel tracking option versus the above iptables command or is
IRC connection tracking simply not yet included in the Debian iptables
packages? Thank you to anyone who might be able to shed some light on what I
am missing here.

Respectfully,

Drew Berendts, CISSP