Re: Configuring firewall

On Sunday 18 January 2004 10:52, Chakravarthy Cuddapah wrote:
> I am new to debian. I was using RHL before. It was easy setting up
> firewall there (/etc/sysconfig/iptables). Could not do the same here. Can
> anyone please tell me how to do this in debian. I just want to keep open
> ports 53 and 22.
>
> Thanks !

Easy way to configure firewall : install firestarter.

( apt-get install firestarter )

It is a simple enough and great FW configuration
program.
Remember though that I am calling it "simple" as in basic.
But for your needs ( as stated in your post ) I guess it will
be all right.

Hope it helps.

fede

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
( http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor )

| gpg public key : http://giskard.homelinux.com/~f/tulkas.asc	   |