From: Pierre Gillmann [mailto:pierro87@gmx.de]
Sent: vrijdag 9 januari 2004 18:07
To: debian-firewall@lists.debian.org
Subject: Firewall Easy-Configuration

Hi ;)

I would build a little firewall for my single PC. Sounds very easy, but
the configurators, which i found, wasn't so extremly good. And to write
my own one, is very problematic, because of the many functions.

So i would like to make it easy and functionably.

What i would make:

- Nobody can connect to me
- Only some ports to connect to outside are open(ftp,http,ICQ,Jabber...)

That are the main points. if they are some things, which I should add
(if it is securer) critisize the points ;). So I will say here: I have
me informed about firewalls for Linux (or write your own scripts).

What I would have is a very good commented script (prefely in german,
but i understand english also).

Thank you
Pierre
--