Re: DNS-Problem with ADSL-Router

Michelle Konzack wrote:
adsl:~ # iptables -L -n -v
Chain INPUT (policy DROP 16605 packets, 1067K bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
INPUT has a "policy DROP" but no ACCEPT targets, therefore no traffic with a
destination of this box will ever be accepted (which includes every and all

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT

??? - The policy must be DROP, because I do not like to have visitors...
But anyway, with this config, all other boxes cann access the Internet.
Yes, and my network is open and all are welcome ;-)

"DROP" policies for both INPUT and FORWARD are best, but you're not going to be able to receive any traffic at all that is intended for the router unless you also have some ACCEPT targets. The kernel configuration option that Bjoern mentioned in another email would work well. It would allow you to only allow packets that are received in response to requests generated from the router.

mickey