Re: DNS-Problem with ADSL-Router

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 03:25, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Or better, I have no outgouing connections in any way.

> OK, because my iptables Problem, I have tried to clear all !!!
Didn't follow that thread. Do you filter outgoing dns-requests in any
way? Maybe allowing only dns to the planed dns-servers?
> Set the policy to ACCEPT...
>  But nothing is working.

> Normaly I am using the DNS 193.252.19.3 and 193.252.19.4, but now with
> the ADSL I have on the ADSL-Router in the /etc/resolv.conf 80.10.246.1
> and 80.10.246.132
Are there any dns-servers at these 80.1.246-adresses at all? I couldn't
reach any.

> Any hints ?
maybe :
As i know, there is an automatism trought "xxxdns-up" and "xxxdns-down"
files in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and ip-down.d. They are changing the dns
entries in resolv.conf - by filecopy. If you changed resolv.conf while
being connected, it gets overwritten by the original file during
disconnecting. I deleted the "xxxdns-up" and "xxxdns-down" files. After
that you should be able to change resolv.conf to what you want - without
such nice effects.

Willi