Re: firewall for a client

--- "Víctor A. Ramos" <itchysoft@yahoo.es> wrote:

--- Ralf Döblitz <ralf@asco.de> escribió: > --On Dienstag, Dezember 07, 2004 02:07:58 +0100 "Víctor A. Ramos" > mldonkey is a server, so if you run that program you *have* a service bound > to the external interface - which contradicts the precondition above. > > As long as you do not run any server processes you don't need a packet

> filter.
> > Ralf

There are many programs which open ports by default in a Debian
installation (an nmap localhost
you mean "nmap $MYIP", since ports opend to localhost(mysql, webmin, ext)
are not listening on your other interfaces.

could be very revealing), and I want to control the traffic of my PC,
that's all... with servers,
without servers... put a firewall on a system which is connected to the
net, is a good security
method.

Please, stop worrying about it... and thank you all, really ;)

Regards

=====
Víctor A. Ramos	<itchysoft@yahoo.es>

(o_ Debian GNU/Linux .'''`. //\ Registered User : :' :
   V_/_     #315167        `. `'
` Jabber ID <vramos@jabber.org>

______________________________________________ Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!: ¡250 MB GRATIS! Nuevos servicios, más seguridad http://correo.yahoo.es