Re: VoIP stopping TCP traffic?

I have to tell another story, taht could give some hint to the one trying to
trace the problem.:
I have a similar configuration, using a sarge with 2.4.26 , but i do not
use shaping.
The firewall is an old portable, with only 12 MB Ram.
This morning i generated a quite large [460 MB] file on the gateway
>From the other machine in my lan 0a win2k ws] I activated two ssh
session int the gateway. then from the gateway i sent to the win2kWS
(that run a sftp server) the file, using sftp.
While transferring the file, that occurred at near full speed i was unable
to connect to any host outside my lan.
It was not a problem oif bandwidth, sinche the outside connetion was
unused, and i was able to start other ssh connections between the two
machine, without any problem.
When from the gateway i tried to ping the host at the other end of isdn
link i got only 1 packet on 23 with a delay of 11744 milliseconds !
So it is imilar to your problem: when one of the links is hogged, even
the other ones, do not work.
Note that when pinging the packets were sent and came back from the
remote host ok [i could see the light on TA] and seem that is the
gateway to miss such packets !!!!

Il 5 Dec 2004 alle 0:42 Jean-Michel Hiver immise in rete
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile