Re: virtual domains in apache

There doesn't sound like any problems with the router, but moreso the configuration of Apache.

What is an example of a <VirtualHost> directive? Since it's internal, I am assuming the VHost's are being done name-based, so do you have `NameVirtualHost' set to the corresponding entry in the <VirtualHost>.

Example:

#---
NameVirtualHost *    # Listen for VHosts on all IP's

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName _default_
    DocumentRoot /var/www
    ServerAdmin www-data@server.somedomain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName somedomain.com
    ServerAlias www.somedomain.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/somedomain.com
</VirtualHost>
#---

The _default_ entry is done first, to make sure that anything that isn't set anywhere else is grabbed by this. I don't know why Apache doesn't use the base config as the default when you do Virtual Hosts, but I know that I have always needed to do this.

ServerName is what the browser requests, ServerAlias is anything else you want assigned to that VirtualHost (you can have more than one entry on the line).

The * after VirtualHost must be the same as set in NameVirtualHost. If you are using a seperate IP for each VHost, then NameVirtualHost is not needed (nor _default_).