Port 111

Hi all,

Thanks Daniel for the explanations about posting a message properly.

This is what it shows after rpcinfo:
 rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    391002    1   tcp  32768  sgi_fam
    391002    2   tcp  32768  sgi_fam

For a minute before doing this, I thought that somehow port 111 was
exposed to the internet. Mostly because the firewall did not show this
port open previously.  However, since it appears to be solely the portmap
server, it seems to be ok. I wonder why the firewall shows this port open
and before it did not.  Anyways, it seems to be open only locally.

Regards,
-Jose.

--
-JM. ?Estos días azules y este sol de la infancia ?(Antonio Machado-1939)