Help with pptp

Hi all,

I'm looking for help about a pptp link between a windows xp (client) and a
woody (server).
The tunnel works well for some hours but, often, goes down.
In the pppd log I've found an "LCP Term Req id 0x08 <garbage>" followed by
"LCP Terminated by peer (<the_same_garbage>)".
I've enabled debugging on the server and each LCP reply is followed by a
reply: pppd closes the link while it's still alive. But why?
I've tried disabling CCP, and both client and server agrees about that,
but it didn't help.

Thanks.

Radel

Questo messaggio puo' contenere informazioni di carattere estremamente
riservato e confidenziale.
Qualora non foste i destinatari, vogliate immediatamente informarci
con lo stesso mezzo ed eliminare il messaggio, con gli eventuali allegati,
senza trattenerne copia. Qualsivoglia utilizzo non autorizzato del
contenuto di questo messaggio costituisce violazione dell'obbligo di non
prendere cognizione della corrispondenza tra altri soggetti, salvo piu'
grave illecito, ed espone il responsabile alle relative conseguenze civili
e penali.

This message is being sent from Starcom Italia Srl and may
contain information which is confidential or privileged.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a
copy. Any unauthorized use of the content of this message is a breach of
your duty to respect the confidentiality of the correspondence between
other persons and can expose the responsible party to civil and/or
criminal penalties, and may constitute a more serious offense.