Re: Router with different routes

--- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 3 ADSL Modem-Routers (Netgear DM602FR) and two ISDN Routers
> (Cisco 761) attached to my Incoming Interface on my Debian-Router.
>
> Fig.:
>
>     UUnet   Estel  Wanadoo ger.ISP  Bureau
>     ADSL1   ADSL2   ADSL3   ISDN1   ISDN2
>       |       |       |       |       |
>       |       |       |       |       |
>     +-+-------+-------+-------+-------+-+
>     |            S W I T C H            |
>     +-----------------+-----------------+
>                       |eth0
>     +-----------------+-----------------+
>     |             Debian-Router         |
>     +-+-------+-------+-------+-------+-+
>     eth1    eth2    eth3    eth4    eth5
>       |       |       |       |       |
>       |       |       |       |       |
>    public     |    secure     |    WaveLAN
>               |               |
>            private      CyberCenter
>
> OK, the three ADSL lines are working fine with all five internal
> networks and I have a german ISP which does not provide asmtp
> and I need to connect directly to send AND receive E-Mails.
>
> Now the problem:
>
> This german ISP has changed in the last 12 Month 3 times the IP
> from the smtp/pop3 server and every time I need to change the
> route on my Linux-Router to the right IP.
>
> Is there a problem to do this per DNS ?
> This will save me many trouble.

Is there a problem with routing the WHOLE subnet?  If you where me I'd
probly find the subnets assigned by aron and route them all to the correct
sevice.

Also you could use a script to run 'host' on the name and forward the
result to iptables, but make sure if the host call fails you provide a
descent default.  The host cmd could add several minuets to your boot up,
if your name server is not reachable.