Re: Spoofing

On 24 Sep 2004, Niclas Englund wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. But why does he wants to act like he belongs to
> my network???

Because your firewall may incorrectly permit those packets through,
resulting in your firewall rules being (partially) bypassed.

> Can i get his real IP-adress?

No. Your ISP, and every other ISP in the chain, may be able to, but it
is extremely non-trivial.

> If i dident have this firewall would my router think that he belongs
> to my network???

Yes, in many cases.

Also, this situation may occur in cases where the routing is temporarily
broken, and your router sent the packets out the wrong interface where
they are correctly sent back.  That is rather uncommon, however.

        Daniel
--
I Dream Of Rain
I Dream Of Gardens In The Desert Sand