Re: give multible ports a/o ips to iptables [fixed: problems with firehol...]

On 12/09/2004 Jonas Meurer wrote:
> but in any case, here are two wishlist suggestions:
> - firehol could support an easier way to configure complex services,
>   to avoid those situations and to open this functionality also to
>   people without much experiences in bash.
> - firehol could support a way to extend, change the port list of already
>   configured services, to allow users with non-common ports to use the
>   advantages of your services configuration.
>   for many users may run httpd on 80, and 81 for test purposes.
>   or like me, run several ftpds.

a third one that came into my mind, would be to restrict some service
configuration to some particular IP-addresses.
our server for example has 4 ip-addresses on device eth0, eth0:0,
eth0:1 and eth0:2. several services listen only on one ore two of those
ip-addresses, so adopting this to my firewall configuration would be
grandiose.

bye
 jonas