Re: give multible ports a/o ips to iptables [fixed: problems with firehol...]

--- Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org> wrote:

> On 01/09/2004 Mike Mestnik wrote:
> > There are several things you can do.  I would make a new table called
> > local_rules or something and put each "-p tcp --?port" rule in there.
> > Then it as easy as "-d ??.??.128.98 -j local_rules" and "-d
> ??.??.128.99
> > -j local_rules".
>
> wee, sounds very interesting, but how do i create this rule
> "local_rules"?

Sorry chain, not table, chains go into the filter, nat, and mangle tables.
Make the chain named "local_rules" with "-N local_rules".

> > There is also "-m multiport "...
> > This  module  matches  a  set of source or destination ports.  Up to
> 15
> > ports can be specified.  It can only be used in conjunction with -p
> tcp or
> > -p udp.
> >
> >        --source-ports port[,port[,port...]]
> >        --destination-ports port[,port[,port...]]
> >        --ports port[,port[,port...]]
>
> also interesting, but i really don't know how to use it.
>
> the manpage tells me that it's a module, so i have to load it into
> kernel, but afterwards?

iptables module, not like a kmod.  Use "-m" to load iptable modules.
There should be a related kmod you will need, but it should be loaded/used
for you.

> after loading the module, simply replace --dport and --sport with
> --destination-ports and --source-ports and give 5 ips as argument
> instead of one, correct?

Yep, must use "-m multiport" previous to any "--ports" options.