Re: Bastille and tiger

Please note I made a mistake the md5sums were the same...when compared see
below for correction.

> Greetings friends,
>
> 1)I need to have bastille-firewall to start a boottime. I linked
/etc/init.d/bastille-firewall to /etc/rcd.2 I also linked to rcd.2 and
rcd.5 after a runlevel gave me 2.  However, I don't see the script at
booting time starting automatically.

> 2)I don't know if this is an appropriate question for this list.  If not
I need to know which list should be the better on for this question.
Tiger auditing report states that some files in /bin for example have a
diffrent md5sum than the ones installed.  I initialized the tiger
database previous to that with a tiger -m -i successfully.  After the
report, I compared the md5sum of chmod with a md5sum I had on another
partition (copied from the partition tiger is auditing) and the md5sums
are
> different.

OOPS! they were the same sorry about that --(that was the whole point!)

> 2 points:
>
> a) At one point, I pinned debian and had packages of different sources
(stable testing, unstable).  Now my apt-sources contain ony stable.
Could this be the culprit for that report? Even after initializing the
database? b) Should I assume system compromise or false positive?

--
Jose Marrero <jmm19@humboldt.edu>
Key fingerprint = 1259 79C5 D922 EC07 47CC  724709C6