Re: Overriding dns

http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?Firewalls

No, it isen't and it's one of your best options.  You set bind up as if it
where the only dns server for that domain.  You will also want to use the
forward option to enumerate the rest of the internet.

One problem you will run into is that client's can't have a backup DNS
server, unless you setup more than one internal DNS server.  To combat
this and other [1]problems I allways run a DNS server/cache on every host.
 For this dnsmasq is small, so it won't hurt your clients much) and easy
to setup.

1. GetHostBy""Ip"" is a blocking function call used by most
servers(telnet,ssh,smtp,pop3,imap,http,ect) that will BLOCK for 60 seconds
if your nameserver(s) are down.  THIS IS NOT A BUG IT'S A GOOD DESIGN.