Re: basic firewall question

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 16:02, Ognen Duzlevski wrote:

> So, if F is firewall.x.edu and I have A.x.edu, B.x.edu and C.x.edu I want
> to have A, B and C behind F. A, B and C
> should now point to F and F will direct all outside requests to A, B or C
> based on the name.

Not using simply names (not without a proxy on the firewall at least) -
A B C need to have different routable IP addresses in your DNS and F
needs to listen on all of those addresses (use aliases).  Then you use
DNAT to forward to the appropriate machine based on the incoming
destination IP address.