Re: Tcphealth: TCP connection monitoring in Linux

Mike,
Of course as the author of tcphealth, I would love to see it in the kernel. I have had many downloads of the patch and gkrellm module, which I use on a daily basis.

The gkrellm monitor is indeed stable, and the patch generally applies to relatively modern Linux kernels. I would clean up the code a bit (mainly to remove the explanatory headers in /proc/net/tcphealth, but perhaps that's not such a big deal).

I have not tried to patch the very latest kernel, nor 2.6 at all, so I cannot make any statements as to the compatibility there.

I have a paper describing the patch and some experiments I conducted with it, if anyone is interested.

Let me know if I can help,

Federico