Re: dns firewalls and mx records for internally hosted domains

--On Wednesday, June 9, 2004 8:42 am +0100 Andrew Porter <andy@defsdoor.demon.co.uk> wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 01:14, hanasaki wrote:
Hi,  no mx records are in the internal server.  I need to leverage the
external dns as much as possible.  It is a real pain to keep the two
synchronized with diff IPs for the same hosts and mx's.

I am led to believe that bind 9 has this sort of functionality built in
(though I have not tried it myself)

I believe you are talking about bind 'views'. For that you will still require to keep DNS up to date, and separate out the internal and external records/zones I thought? The only gain you have is that you only have to run one DNS server?

Sid
--
http://www.mindless.co.uk/~sr for personal site
http://www.gadgetvillage.co.uk/ for gadgets and toys