Re: dns firewalls and mx records for internally hosted domains

--On Tuesday, June 8, 2004 7:14 pm -0500 hanasaki <hanasaki@hanaden.com> wrote:

Hi,  no mx records are in the internal server.  I need to leverage the
external dns as much as possible.  It is a real pain to keep the two
synchronized with diff IPs for the same hosts and mx's.

Perhaps you need to use 'Destination NAT onto the same network':
<http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO-10.html>

I haven't tried that, but it appears it may do what you're looking for (I always run an up to date internal DNS server, the easy option for me as my external DNS rarely changes).

Sid
--
http://www.mindless.co.uk/~sr for personal site
http://www.gadgetvillage.co.uk/ for gadgets and toys