Re: Multiple Internet sources

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 05:44:23PM -0500, Ian Melnick wrote:
> > Try something like:
> >
> > ip rule add from $pubip1 table 100
> > ip route add default table 100 via $pubip1gateway
> > ip rule add from $pubip2 table 101
> > ip route add default table 101 via $pubip2gateway
>

> Thanks, but there's something up with this ip program. Whenever I try
> the "rule" option, I get "RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument" returned.
>
> Is there something extra I have to compile into the kernel to get this
> to work correctly?

Googling for you error shows the following potentially useful set of
links:

   http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2001q2/001256.html
   http://lists.nocat.net/pipermail/nocat/2003-October/003872.html

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings