Re: NDS

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:13:32 -0300
"CARLOS - AFIP" <carlos@afip.com.br> wrote:

>     Helo,
>

>     Somebody have use NDS from Novell to manage the net users?
>
> thanks
>
> Carlos Rocca Slikta
> Consultor de Tecnologia/Gerente de Suporte
>
> AFIP/TKS/CDB/Instituto do Sono
>
> PABX 11 21087000
> Direto 11 59087397

Hi
well, we had Novell Servers with NDS at school (I gratuated last year).
back then we had some problems using the novell NDS things for linux:
the NDS Server & the user authentication for linux using NDS, espacially
on anything other then REDHAT, because it was based on rpm, and the
dependencys checked in a very long install script....
(this might have changed some since Novell bought suse...)
what did, well does, work is something done by friends of mine did for
an intranet project: the Novell NDS can be accessed via LDAP an they
used LDAP the authenticate and also to grab the relavant information of
the user.

Only, I did not actifly work in this project so I cannot tell anything
specific about this - though there should be documentation from novell
because as i remember there seems to be an sdk from novell for ldap
connections to the NDS via LDAP.

using LDAP it should also be possible to authenticate system users...
though I have never tried something like this

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>