Re: Generic iptables script/project ?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> I've seen on this list someone speaking about a generic project that
> provides iptables script to manage someone's box.
>
> I cannot figure out what this project is named.

...there are rather a few projects that aim for this. :)

> Can someone point me to the right place or at least, list me some
> projects doing this kind of stuff ?

I like, and use, 'firehol', which is available in testing and unstable.

Other packages that get good words from others are 'shorewall' and
'ipcop'

        Daniel

--
Species membership in Homo-sapiens is not morally relevant. If we compare a
dog or a pig to a severely defective infant, we often find the non human to