Re: ipmasquerading rete domestica

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:15:00 +0100,
faz <fabrizio@chiozzi.it> wrote in message
<[🔎] 405600B4.9050302@chiozzi.it>:

> Ciao a tutti!
> and sorry for my english (but I'm italian :-)

..bull, is much better than my Italiano.  ;-)

> I'd like to use woody stable (2.2) like gateway (router,firewall

..Woody is 3.0, 2.2 is Potato, make up your mind.  ;-)

> etc...) for a domestic network. Some one can suggest me some help,
> how-to or faq specialized for debian???

..one way is Brandons advice, he answers you question accurately,
assuming you want to use ipchains and linux-2.2.2x, it works for both
Potato and Woody.

..I however am not sure you mean to do what you ask, so my 2 advices
cover 2 alternatives to Brandon's no 1.:
2. For a quick and useful firewall, head over to http://ipcop.org/ and
get your lan online thru it in 15 minutes plus download time and cd
burn time. _OR_  3. For a good learning tool _and_ firewall, install the
base woody with a 2.4 kernel, then do 'apt-get update ; apt-get
--purge remove ipchains ; apt-get -u upgrade ; apt-get install
shorewall webmin'.
Read and learn to use the docs to learn _everything_ else.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: