measuring HTTP latency

Hi,
I am doing a little experiment with DoS attacks, where I try to rate limit the number of outgoing SYN packets from the compromised machine. I need to calculate the effect of DoS on factors such as http latency. I tried tools like echo ping but it does not give me the tcp latency time with respect to a remote host. For example,
> echoping -w 1 -n 2 -v  -S <machine name>
just hangs up. ANy ideas of how to measure the http latency with this tool or some other tool.
Also, could anyone tell me how one can measure DNS latency. Are there any tools for this ?
Help truly truly apprecaited.
Thanks,
Suhail.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.