Port Forwarding

Hello List!

I'm a little new in the world of iptables and could need some advice
concerning a simple Port Forwarding. I created s basic rule set as described
in common howtos and the internet:

# iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p tcp --dport port -j ACCEPT
# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport port -j DNAT --to
local_ip:port

My FORWARD CHAIN contains two further entries (they actually don't affect
the above rules):

# iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED
-j ACCEPT

Although I have ip_forwarding enabled and ifconfig seems to be ok, the Port
Forwarding doesn't work with these rule set and there is no firewall on
local_ip.

The strange thing now is, that I actually made a working Port Forwarding
earlier which I forgot to backup, d'oh! Since reboot I have difficulties
setting up the correct rules again.

I probably used to have an older iptables version installed when no problems
occurred, but I think this doesn't matter anyway. Current Version: 1.2.8

Anyone help?

Greets!

Dominique Benz