Looking for that netfilter filter for regex application identification.

A long time agoe I stumbeled on this kernelpatch for content based connection identification.  I
forget what it was called but it used regexs to filter connections by application protocol and did
not rely on ports.

Dose any one know what happend to this project?  At the vary least thay implemented regex in
kernel
space so I thought for sure thay would make a big deal.