RE: Iptables can't close port 25 and 110

I already tried reject, I'll give an example to clarify my problem.

Removed all iptable rules an when running a nmap scan (remotely) I get
the following output:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
25/tcp   open  smtp
80/tcp   open  http
110/tcp  open  pop3
199/tcp  open  smux
3306/tcp open  mysql

I then inserted the following rules:

- IPTABLES -A INPUT -t tcp --destination-port 25 -j REJECT
- IPTABLES -A INPUT -t tcp --destination-port 80 -j REJECT
- IPTABLES -A INPUT -t tcp --destination-port 199 -j REJECT

Did a new scan and nmap returned:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
25/tcp   open  smtp
110/tcp  open  pop3
3306/tcp open  mysql

So even if I reject port 25, nmap detects it as open. And if I reject
port 80, nmap detects it as being closed.

Hope this give a better image of my problem.

Thanx

Ronald