Iptables can't close port 25 and 110

Hi,

I'm running a debain server (3.0 Woody) with iptables. I'm using 'Arno's
IPTABLES Firewall Script' to make life a little easier
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/iptables-firewall/?topic_id=151).

I can open and close port very easy using this script, but for some
strange reason I cant close ports 25 and 110.  First I thought this
script was the problem, so I removed this script and configured iptables
by hand and discovered the following:

Even if I drop all incomming traffic (iptables -P INPUT DROP) a remotely
run portscan will detect port 25, but it doesn't show what is listening
on that port (exim).

I have exim configured to only handle local-delivery, but even if I
remove exim (apt-get remove exim) the ports stay open. So even if I
don't have anyting listening on port 25 or 110, a remotely run portscan
wil detect ports 25 and 110.

I hope someone could help me get rid of this strang problem.

Thanks,

Ronald