Re: Allowing pop3 and smtp behind firewall

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004, Jos wrote:
> i'm newbie with iptables, but i need to allow pop3(port110) and
> smtp(25) traffic to a IP on trusted net (192.168.0.x), only to this
> machine, behind a firewall. I use a script like this attached.

[... custom script gone ...]

Personally, I would suggest that you use something like the 'firehol'
script, which abstracts out all the low level work for you.

You can find it at <http://firehol.sf.net/>, or in Debian unstable.

    Daniel

--
If you divorce capital from labor, capital is hoarded, and labor starves.
        -- Daniel Webster