Re: Logging

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003, James MS Anderson wrote:
> I'm sure this question's been asked loads of times, but I'm trying to
> work out if there's anyway to get *JUST* the firewall logs into any
> one file, rather than all the kernel logs and the firewall logs?

Not with the standard syslog daemon, I fear. You would need to
post-process the logfile to extract the bit you were interested in.

Some of the alternate syslog daemons have more capability in this area,
however, and are packaged for Debian.

I have had universally poor results experimenting with them, however. :)

  Daniel

--
There's no sense in being precise when you don't
even know what you're talking about.