dmz with ssh

hi everybody,

I'd like to setup a login host in our DMZ: users should be able to login from the outside via ssh and connect to the hosts in the internal network via ssh also. This should be trivial in the first place, but

Is there a possibility to get X11 forwarding working - without installing at least xbase-clients on the DMZ host? X11 forwarding seems at least to depend on the availibility of xauth.

Can you get the functionality of scp/sftp without a direct (ssh) connection of server and client? Maybe via an ssh tunnel over ssh? But you don't really need double encryption? What about rsync over ssh?

I'm grateful for any ideas!

Regards,

   Christopher