Re: Multiport NIC's - Recommendations?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 07:51:34PM -0500, Bill Bell wrote:

> Quoting Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org>:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 01:08:07PM -0400, Clint Guillot wrote:
> > > Anyone have recent experience with multiport NIC's working with
> > debian
> > > (woody or sarge?)
> > > There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information floating around
> > WRT
> > > these beasties...
> >
> > There is (or was) one from D-Link, which (IIRC) used the tulip
> > drivers.
> > Quite a nice piece of work, if horrendously expensive...
>
> It is the DFE-570Tx.  I am using it with good success.  Bought it used
> for a low price.
>
> http://support.dlink.com/Products/view.asp?productid=DFE-570TX

I'll second the DFE-570TX. This is a WONDERFUL 4-port card, and you
can find them for $40 or so on ebay. The tulip chipset is very well
designed and doesn't have the overhead issues many of the other cheap
cards have.

I'm also a fan of the DFE-570TX's cousin, the Znyx ZX340Q. Those go a
bit cheaper still when they pop up on ebay, and Znyx's Linux support
is first class.