Re: Multiport trouble

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, John Leach wrote:

> You missed a \ on the 3rd line.  This is the reason for the "-m: command
> not found" message.

Yeah, somehow that got lost when I composed the message. It was/is in
the script itself though.

> After experimenting a bit, I'm now thinking this might be a bug.
> Firstly though, multiport won't allow you to specify source and
> destination ports in the same rule.  Only one or the other.  They are
> mutually exclusive.
>
> On top of that, it doesn't seem to like being given ranges (such as
> 1024:65535).  As I say, I think this is either a bug or just a
> limitation of the multiport code (or I'm doing something silly).  Either
> way, even if it was working ok, you shouldn't be able to specify both
> source and destination ports when using multiport.
>
> The following example works fine, but you'll need to repeat the whole
> thing for all destination ports (80,8080,8888) as you can only specify
> one at a time (as we can't use multiport and ranges).

With a good hint from another person on the list (he just beat you to it
}:-) I have found a way to have my cake and eat it too. See my reply to
Jean Christophe for the exact code I use to make it work.

Now that I have a complete and well-commented script (lots of features
like bogonfiltering and blacklists) I guess I should make it publicly
available so others can benefit from it too. I'll write a short HTML
page explaining its installation/use and put it on the web. Thanks for
helping me to iron out the last wrinkles.

Grx HdV