Re: web server behind a nat box not coming out

I found my problem... It was the default gateway on the debian machines... it was not set to use the freebsd box doing port forwarding!

Doh!

Sebastien

Sebastien G wrote:

Hi,

I have one gateway/nat (freebsd 4.8R) which I setup to be the gateway for the LAN and to do port forwarding on port 80 to a Debian web server. From the outside, when I want to surf to the web server behind the gateway/freebsd box the connection seems to hang...

I've this bizarre problem with all and only the debian web server boxes behind a gateway/nat box... I tested the redirection with a Freebsd and OSX web servers and from the outside I can surf the to web server with no problems!

I used to have an OpenBSD box as the gateway/nat the same situation was occuring ... i,e. it is not possible get anything out from the outside. The problem also occurs when I try to forward ssh...

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

Seb