Re: {G}newbie please help need to settup basic firewall

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:45:10AM -0000, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Please advise on what how i should setup a basic firewall, what deamon
> should i use.. how to i close ports to the outside world ?? etc ..
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Greg

Have a look at Bastille, which is a script that will ask you some
questions and tighten security on your box. One of the things it will do
is set up a firewall for you. I think it would be a good learning
experience.

Visit http://www.bastille-linux.org/

and

apt-get install bastille

- Joe

---
The attachment is a digital signature and can be ignored.
See http://www.pgpi.org/doc/overview/ if you are curious.