enabling IPtables

Hi everyone,

I want to start using the IP-chains / IPtables on my linux laptop. Currently I have debian 2.2.20 running on my laptop but I understand I need to upgrade the kernel to 2.4.18. I tried installing the following pakages with dselect

kernel-image-2.4.18-686
kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-686

The installation completed successfully and after making appropriate changes to lilo.conf, I rebooted the system to the new kernel. When I looged in I found that both my ethernet cards were not working. I have one PCMCIA xircom card and the other one is on the mother board which is a 3com-3c905C both of which worked fine under woody-2.2.20

Has any one come across this situation? any suggestions?

Thanks

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp