Re: IPTables and QOS

I use the following iptables setup:
berbara root # iptables -L -v
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
   16   768 DROP       tcp  --  ppp0   any     anywhere             anywhere
tcp dpt:netbios-ssn
 7510 5396K alex       all  --  ppp0   any     anywhere             anywhere
 524K  505M ACCEPT     all  --  !ppp0  any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 DROP       all  --  ppp0   ppp0    anywhere             anywhere
13055 1839K paal       all  --  !ppp0  ppp0    paal                 anywhere
12157 5629K paal       all  --  ppp0   !ppp0   anywhere             paal
 4812  582K heidi      all  --  !ppp0  ppp0    heidi                anywhere
 5804 3684K heidi      all  --  ppp0   !ppp0   anywhere             heidi

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
 6688  452K alex       all  --  any    ppp0    anywhere             anywhere
 525K  505M ACCEPT     all  --  any    !ppp0   anywhere             anywhere

Chain alex (2 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
 6688  452K ACCEPT     all  --  any    ppp0    anywhere             anywhere
 7510 5396K ACCEPT     all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain heidi (2 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
10616 4266K ACCEPT     all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain paal (2 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
25212 7468K ACCEPT     all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere

I use a simple php script to get som usefull information, and log each day to
a postgresql database, and clear the tables bandwith at 00:00

If you want to look at the php output, go to:
http://alex.wigen.net/net/

Mail me if you want the source

Cheers
Alex