Re: ip aliasing, virtual interfaces and incorrect source addresses...

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 10:28, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> Has this problem been reported to the linux kernel ppl?  Has it been fixed?
> It might also help to mention what versions are affected.
>
> mike

Yes, it's known about. I think the general response would be that it's up to
the userspace program, not the kernel, to decide what IP to bind to. If the
userspace doesn't care, then the kernel will pick one, usually the same
subnet IP if the destination is directly accessible, or the closest IP to the
gateway.

It's not a problem per se.

GPG: http://n12turbo.com/tarragon/public.key