Re: ICMP drop.

Thanks - I see and it's clear now.

Martin Burman wrote:

Rudi Starcevic wrote:

Here is the Snort log alert.
[**] ICMP PING CyberKit 2.2 Windows [**]
10/08-22:42:48.897689 ->
ICMP TTL:114 TOS:0x0 ID:10694 IpLen:20 DgmLen:92
Type:8  Code:0  ID:768   Seq:59374  ECHO

How can I make it so my machine replies to *no* icmp packets ?
I've even gone and installed CyberKit on an old Windows box to
see if I could generate and alert but it didn't work.

So I don't understand how my icmp packets are denied but not in the above log sample.

Martin thinks:
Snort is working in promiscious mode so it is able to see all packets, right? In the log above it seems that it is the Echo Requests snort is reporting, I don't think your machine is sending any Echo Replies back to

Best regards

Martin, Sweden