Re: urgent - netfilter rejecting 60% of DNS requests!

are you accounting for both udp and tcp port 53?

If you aren't getting anything in your logs, try adding a log rule to
help you diagnose before the packet defaults to the policy (drop?)

iptables -A .... \
-m limit --limit-burst 10 --limit 10/m \
-j LOG --log-level notice --log-prefix "DROPPED_OFF_END_OF_TABLE"

then you can see the nature of the packet that was lost.

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027    <IXOYE><
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org