Running IPTables as non-root user?

Greetings!
I have a remote site where there are no IT people to take care of things.
Sometimes there is need to access their machines through VNC or PCAnywhere.
However, I don't want the doors to be left opened at all times. I have a bash
script which, when ran as root, opens the door, and when done, it closes it
again. My problem is that it *must* be ran as root, AFAIK.
I would like to have an ordinary user to be created and give him only power
enough to run IPTables. It would work like this:
When the user logs in, (either locally or through SSH), a bash script is ran
which allows him to select, from a menu, what service he wants to activate. When
he is done, he deactivates the service and logs off. The user wouldn't even see
the prompt.

I would like to do that with an user other than root. The problem is to allow
this user to alter iptables rules. Is it possible?

Regards,

Breno Moiana
"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."

"Ciência é conhecimento organizado. Sabedoria é vida organizada."
    -- Immanuel Kant