ipchains/ip_conntrack/kernel 2.4

Hi all,

Our firewall runs Debian 3.0, kernel 2.2.19 with ipchains 1.3.10-15, masquerading our internal network. Now we are trying to update its kernel to 2.4.18-1, packaged by Debian, but we are facing a problem.

When we boot with this new kernel, we can't use the module 'ip_conntrack_ftp', so our ftp connections to the outside world fail. When we try to load the module, we get 'unresolved symbol' messages. After some research, it seemed to me the this module conflits with 'ipchains' module itself, because it loads without problem if 'ipchains' is not loaded. And I really can't move to iptables, bacause we have huge firewall scripts written in ipchains.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.